Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://englishvanguard.com/ website (the “Service”) and accessing its educational content (eBooks, videos, automated interview system and discussion materials, hereafter known as “Educational Content” operated by English Vanguard (“us”, “we”, or “our”, The Operator). The user will upload a video recording of himself or herself doing an automated interview, hereafter known as “User Content”.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
The Service allows you to access Educational Content and courseware for educational use. The Service also allows for the booking of live lessons and an automated interview system.
Ownership of the Service
The Service is the proprietary property of the Operator, its suppliers or its licensors, as the case may be. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Service is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Use of Educational Content
- Regarding the English Vanguard eBooks, you purchase the right to use these eBooks as long as they are part of our Service. You do not purchase the right to download, screenshot, copy, share (this includes print and screensharing) and distribute our eBooks.
- Regarding the video content, you purchase the right to view these videos as long as they are part of our Service. You do not purchase the right to download, screenshot, copy, share (this includes print and screensharing) and distribute our eBooks.
Bookings and Cancellations
- Once you click the start button on the automated GBC test simulator, you have 15 days to submit your final answers.
- Lessons are 30 minutes. If you are late, the lesson will still end at the scheduled time and lesson time will not be made up.
- If you buy the 5-lesson package, 5 lessons must be taken within 2 months of purchase. No refund will be given after this time.
- If you buy the 10-lesson package, 10 lessons must be taken within 4 months of purchase. No refund will be given after this time.
- Skype lessons and Zoom lessons: there will be no refund for connection problems that disrupt or delay the lesson.
- Payment must be made immediately to confirm the booking of a lesson and the automated GBC test simulator.
- Discounts cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Discounts are valid for 1 week from the issue date.
- You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form(s) on the Service, including your geographical location and billing address (the “Registration Data”); and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete, including a valid email address. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Operator has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
- Registered users will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, account and account designation and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password, account designation or account. You agree to: (a) immediately notify the Operator of any unauthorized use of your password, account designation or account or any other breach of security; and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You agree that the Operator cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password and account secure.
- Certain aspects or all of the Service will not be available to temporarily or indefinitely suspended registered users. The Operator reserves the right, in the Operator’s sole discretion, to cancel unconfirmed or inactive accounts. The Operator reserves the right to refuse the Service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
“Distribute” means to incorporate, run, submit, use, display, copy, upload, post, reproduce, embed, communicate, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, adapt, translate, perform, transmit, arrange, modify, export, merge, transfer, share, outsource and/or make available.
Rules of Conduct
You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Service and for all of your communication and activity in using the Service, including any User Content you Distribute via the Service. YOU AGREE AT ALL TIMES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD THE OPERATOR HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR CONDUCT ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY USER CONTENT THAT YOU DISTRIBUTE VIA THE SERVICE AND/OR INFRINGEMENT OF A THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
As a condition of using the Service, you agree to all of the following:
- You may be required to select a user name and password to access certain aspects of the Service, or purchase products and services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your user name.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any User Content that you Distribute on the Service or that you allow others to Distribute on the Service.
- You will not Distribute any User Content to, on or through the Service that is fraudulent, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, slanderous, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful.
- You will not Distribute any User Content that infringes or violates a patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of another person or entity, or that violate any right of privacy, or offer content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- You will not transmit any worms or viruses, spyware, malware, bugs or any other harmful or destructive code to or through the Service.
- You will not Distribute to users any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “affiliate links,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You will not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or violate any applicable state, provincial, federal or local laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws, criminal laws against money laundering, or tax laws).
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone on or through the Service.
- You will not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You will not access another registered user’s account without that registered user’s permission, nor will you compromise another registered user’s account. You agree that if such acts are brought to the attention of the Operator, the Operator may (1) immediately terminate your account, if any; and (2) provide all relevant information to law enforcement officials in order to assist in an investigation of your actions.
- You will not violate nor attempt to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation:
- accessing data not intended for you, including logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- using any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Service or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Service;
- taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Service or the Operator’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Service or to the Operator’s systems;
- conducting a reverse look-up, tracing or seeking to trace any information on any other user to its source, or exploit the Service or information made available or offered by or through the Service, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Service;
- attempting to interfere with, disrupt or disable service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of “denial of service” attacks, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
- disrupting network nodes or network services or otherwise restricting, inhibiting, disrupting or impeding the Operator’s ability to monitor or make available the Service; or
- taking any action in order to obtain services to which you are not entitled.
- You shall not transmit email or any other content that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- You shall not transmit email or any other content that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes “bait and switch”.
- You shall not sublicense, reproduce, duplicate, copy, rent, lease, sell, resell, exploit, redistribute, modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, broadcast, Distribute, disseminate, decompile, publish, transmit, translate, adapt or vary any of the Service, or any portion thereof, including but not limited to the Site, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise.
- You shall not remove any copyright, trademark or proprietary notices from any copies of the Service.
- You shall not create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Service.
- Your use of the Service cannot in any way harm or prejudice the image or perception of the Service or the Operator to others receiving the information on the Service.